Thursday, March 17, 2022

Back to a little more progress on the Voodoo Child. The swap meet special front end is almost finished. Front wheel is laced and trued with new @buchananspokes Showa 8 over tubes, Kayaba shaved lowers. The trees I had laying around. The original stem was removed and I welded in a longer one to work with the Yamaha neck with a Timken bearing conversion. Fork stops were welded to meet the existing stops that were on the frame. The risers and Bates headlight mount I also had on the shelf. The bars are still the same. Just need to close up some holes on the top tree and then the trees can be sent out for chrome. Very stoked as to where this bike is headed. Next will be exhaust repair and some electrical to bring this back from the dead and better than ever. I was calling it Voodoo Child 2.0 but realized that’s not really accurate. There were actually 4-5 different versions prior to this. So maybe I’ll do a post or story of this bike and it’s changes over the past 15 years. (There was a time when I was 19 and commuting to work on this bike!)


No comments:

Post a Comment