Saturday, December 31, 2022

2022 was one hell of a year for me. I was thrown challenges I didn’t think I could overcome. Tested in ways I never could have imagined when it came to family. The year started our finding out my dad had brain cancer. Father/son role was suddenly flipped. I became provider and care taker for my dad while he fought his battle. May 21st he passed. Three weeks later, June 11th, I married my best friend of almost 10 years @miss_mundy. The venue was in the same Pennsylvania coal country town my father’s family came from. We grieved the loss of my father in July as a Celebration of Life near his birthday. Then Kate and I took an almost 2 week long honeymoon around Colorado in September. We found it to be an amazingly cleansing experience being in the mountains. Reflecting who we are, how we came together, and how we’ve stayed together this long. It’s hard to not to get sucked into the negative aspects of the year. It was incredibly hard and so amazing at the same time. My immediate reaction is 2022 can suck it and move on but I can’t. I’ll take 2022 as one hell of an experience and a test of strength to be prepared for 2023. Cheers, 🍻see y’all next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment