Sunday, November 26, 2023

A week ago this Sunday, I closed the doors at my dad’s place, the shop, for the last time. Although my dad passed over a year ago at this point, we finished up what jobs were left and packed our bags. 10 images for Instagram doesn’t nearly capture 15 plus years of history, Halloween, Christmas parties, and stories by the fire made at this little barn turned house. To say history feels egotistical, but I don’t know how else to put it. So many bikes and builds have passed through this garage door and closing it for the last time feels strange. I can’t thank my dad enough for putting up with my antics running a shop, supporting it, wanting to tell stories and share photos from back in the day to anyone who passed through, and giving me the skills to run things out at his place as long as I could. “The shop” has moved home to my place and I’m still finding my footing. Moving just sucks in general. I don’t know when the door will be open again exactly, but RetroFit will not die on the vine. It just has to get through the winter. Many thanks to @makeshift.matt @nick_fortuna @bengottheinsta59fl for the final push moving things and riding motorcycles to the new spot. I also can’t thank @marctremain and @lakemohawklocals enough for an easy and smooth sale. Hope y’all have a great holiday and we’ll see ya in the new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment