Thursday, September 21, 2023

I had an awesome visitor come to my garage sale this past weekend. @24ouncepbr and I have talked about getting the dad bikes together for a while and we finally made it happen! For those that don’t know, Leigh’s dad and my dad both bought brand new black XLCHs in 1969. Absolute identical bikes. Leigh’s dad bought his from Dean’s in PA and my dad bought his from Tramontin’s in Clifton NJ. Only difference is 54 years later Leigh’s hasn’t changed a bit, my dads original ‘69 is lost to the sands of time. However, the photo op couldn’t be passed up getting the clone and Leigh’s together. I unfortunately don’t have a photo of when my dad bought his new, but the 3rd to last photo is the best I got. (Photo before that is Leigh’s dad) I don’t think it was even a week before my dad ripped off the decals and had the bike pinstriped. 2 years later it turned into the flame bike. 2nd to last photo is my dad’s original owner’s manual pictured with Leigh’s bike. Way too cool. Seeing these two together is making me fidgety for another ‘69 to build the next version… Lastly, thanks for the shirt Leigh!! #dadbikesrule #69XLCH


No comments:

Post a Comment